This year we’re thrilled to include a Screenwriting Competition as a part of the festival! The inaugural screenwriting competition is open to feature film and TV screenplays. One winner will be chosen.
The 10th Annual Louisville’s International Festival of Film (LIFF) welcomes filmmakers, screenwriters film lovers from around the world to the historic city of Louisville, Kentucky. Home to the great Kentucky Derby, Louisville Slugger baseball bat company, and beloved boxer Muhammad Ali, Louisville’s festival offers three days of screenings, educational workshops, and open dialogue between filmmakers and savvy audiences in a gorgeous setting.
Louisville’s International Festival of Film debuted in 2008 with tremendous support from the city. Our partnerships with Louisville’s Sister Cities program lead to a great diversity of international films. Our marketing firm reported that we reached over one million people with news about our festival. Over the years we have built on that success and we partnered with distribution companies who review all of our accepted films. We are excited to announce that many of our past feature films have obtained various distribution deals.
The Grand Prize for TV or Feature Film Winner:
- Hotel stay for 2 nights in Louisville
- Lunch with festival founder Conrad Bachmann to discuss Pitching Your Project to Hollywood (Conrad was Governor of The Academy of Television Arts and Sciences Performers Branch for 12 years and taught “Pitching your Project to Hollywood”) for several years.
- 2 VIP Passes to the Festival for all screenings and events
- Personal Tour of Angels Envy Distillery for a bourbon tasting (depending on schedules)
- Louisville Slugger personalized bat ( must be in attendance)
- VIP tour Louisville Slugger Bat Company
Screenplay Competition Terms of Service:
- By using our service, you authorize us to use any trusted third-party online and cloud-based services and databases for hosting, managing and/or transmitting your submission file(s).
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- All ownership and rights to the scripts submitted to this contest remains with the original rights holders.